Bridging Tomorrow's Migration: BD4M Data Innovation Handbook Lunch
Event hosted by the Egmont Institute and with the collaboration of the Big Data for Migration Alliance
Posted on 5th of September 2023 by The Govlab
This information was originally published by the Royal Institute for International Relations, also known as the Egmont Institute. Find the original posting here.
Date: 12 September 2023
Time: 13:00-14:30 (CEST)
Location: Hybrid (Meeting room of the Egmont Institute/ Online)
Type of Event: Working Lunch
Organisation: Egmont Institute
- Jean-Louis De Brouwer. Director of the European Affairs Programme, Egmont Institute.
- Damien Jusselme. Manager of the Data Science and Analytics Unit, IOM Global Migration Data Analysis Centre (IOM GMDAC).
- Stefaan Verhulst. Co-Founder, Chief Research and Development Officer, and Director of Data Program, The GovLab.
- Dario Tarchi. Head Deputy of Migration and Demography Unit, Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (EC-JRC).
- Marzia Rango. Migration and Human Mobility Specialist, UN Operations and Crisis Centre (UNOCC).
In a world shaped by climate change, health vulnerabilities, and swiftly-evolving emergencies, the complexities surrounding migration and human mobility demand innovative solutions. At the heart of crafting effective migration policies lies the crucial interplay between timely data and forward-looking insights.
Discover how non-traditional data sources shape migration understanding as the Big Data for Migration Alliance unveils the “Harnessing Data Innovation for Migration Policy: A Handbook for Practitioners.” This transformative handbook navigates the uncharted waters of non-traditional data sources, casting a new light on our understanding of migration. It serves as a bridge, connecting practical and technical dimensions, spotlighting innovative methodologies, and delving into data ethics, protection and governance.
The Egmont Institute extends a cordial invitation to the unveiling of this invaluable resource. The authors will illuminate the essence of non-traditional data sources and their impact on migration during a compelling keynote presentation. The event will unfold on the premises of the Egmont Institute (Rue des Petits Carmes 24A, 1000 Brussels), embracing a hybrid format between 13:00 and 14:30 (CEST).
The Big Data for Migration Alliance is an initiative led by the IOM’s Global Migration Data Analysis Centre, the European Commission’s Knowledge Centre on Migration and Demography, and The GovLab at New York University.
Kindly register by Friday 8 September stating your preference to join the meeting in person or online via Egmont Institute's website.